Background

Monday, December 10, 2012

Cinnamon Sticks


Oh how I love cinnamon! It's a year 'round spice for me!

I found this recipe in the Gooseberry Patch cookbook Old Fashioned Country Christmas. After one bite, they became a family favorite!










Cinnamon Sticks


1 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 3/4 cup flour

Mix all ingredients. (I used my mixer to blend it all together, then used my hand to form the dough ball.)

Roll and cut into finger lengths. (mine were about 1/2 inch wide) I love my old rolling pin!

















 Roll sticks in cinnamon and sugar.








Bake at 350 degrees until set and edges are light brown.(mine were assorted sizes!)

They sure did smell good while they were baking and they tasted even better!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...