Background

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Snowballs (cookies)




These cookies have so many different names for them... Mexican Tea Cookies, Wedding Cookies, Pecan Balls, etc...but because it's Christmas, we'll name them Snowballs!

My kids loved these cookies when they were younger. They would hold their breath when they took a bite so they wouldn't blow powdered sugar everywhere if they breathed through their nose. But of course, if they did, it was just as funny every time!

SNOWBALLS
1 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 t. vanilla extract
1 T water
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans (I used pecan bits)
Garnish:powdered sugar

With an electric mixer on medium speed, blend together butter and powdered sugar; add vanilla, water and flour.













Stir in pecans.












Shape dough in walnut-size balls. Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.





Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. While cookies are still hot, roll in additional powdered sugar. When cool, roll again in powdered sugar. Makes 3 dozen.





Now, don't they look yummy?
 I'm sorry...the kid in me couldn't resist the snowman face. :-)

3 comments:

  1. These are one of my very favorite cookies. My mom and I used to make them but we used walnuts. She called them Butter Nut Balls. I happen to have a good supply of pecans this year so may give them a try. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always made these cookies w. walnuts, and since I have a grandchild w. nut allergies, I just omit the nuts and call them butterball cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the recipe, thanks for sharing. Can you tell me how I can "Pin" just the recipe on Pinterest? I'm already following you on Pinterest, but how do I pin individual recipes so I can get to them on my boards quickly? Thanks so much. Cynthia Belden (4kyla)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...