Background

Monday, May 23, 2011

Swiss Steak Supper


I love my slow cooker! Between it and my bread machine, I can have a full course meal on the table without a whole lot of fuss.
Friday, I had to go out of town for the day. I knew I wouldn't have any time to prepare a meal when I came home, so I decided to pop this recipe in my slow cooker. It only took about 15 minutes of prep time (and a very quick photo shoot!)  After I left a 'DO NOT LIFT THIS LID! YOU'LL SEE IT WHEN IT'S DONE!" note (for the hubby and son) taped to the little knob on the glass top, I headed out the door!
When I came home, the house smelled so good and we were starving! I served it up with some dinner rolls that I prepared the night before and placed in the fridge.

I definitely earned more brownie points with this meal!


Swiss Steak Supper
6 Servings

1 1/2 lbs beef top round steak
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper
1 TBSP Canola Oil
3 med potatoes
1 1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
1 med onion, sliced
1 14 1/2 oz can Italian Diced tomatoes
1 j12 oz jar Home Style Beef gravy
1 TBSP minced fresh parsley


*Cut steak into six serving-size pieces; flatten to 1/4 in thickness. Rub with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on both sides; drain

*Cut each potato (skins on) into eight wedges. In a 5 qt slow cooker, layer the potatoes, carrots, beef and onion. Combine tomatoes and gravy; pour over the top.
*Cover and cook on low for 5 1/2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
*Sprinkle with parsley.













402 Calories. 6 grams of fat ..only 2 grams are saturated fat!

Happy Eating! 

8 comments:

  1. Tina - I thought I was following your cooking blog but I realized that I hadn't...agggghh. I'm here now..lol.
    Love this recipe. You know I love my slow cooker!! AND it's pretty darn healthy too - nice!!
    Oh, and I just notice you have my button on here. Thank you SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is something my momma would make! I bet it smelled so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tina,I found your blog via blog hop.I love your steak.Thanks a lot for sharing,I am your newest follower.Would you be interested to know about Creole Spanish Filipino Food? I hope you can come and visit me. www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such comfort food. Reminds me of my mom's cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an easy recipe, yet satisfying and comforting. I gotta make this soon!

    By the way, I'm hosting a little Giveaway on my blog. Please stop by to enter. Here's the link: http://utry.it/2011/05/hong-kong-macau-and-australia-trippart.html

    Thank you for sharing the lovely recipe and have a wonderful weekend.

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tina,
    What a great meal! It looks so delicious and full of flavor. Thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an excellent meal! It looks so delightful and complete of taste. Thanks for discussing with Full Dish Friday and come returning soon!
    RS 3 Gold
    cheapest runescape gold
    Gold für World of Warcraft

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...