Background

Monday, February 20, 2012

Apple or Pineapple Ham Steaks


I had a lot of last minute company coming for supper,
three Ham Steaks in the freezer,
and I was missing one ingredient that I normally
add to these steaks. 
So, I improvised!

Apple or Pineapple Ham Steaks

Ham Steak
1 cup Apple juice
1 cup water
1 TBSP Soy Sauce
2 TBSP light brown sugar. 

You can also add sliced apples when you add the ham to the juice.
Or use a can of Pineapple chunks with the juice 
in place of Apple Juice.

Mix ingredients in a bowl 
and pour in to a medium-large skillet. 

Place ham steak in skillet. 
Spoon juices over top of ham. 

Heat on high until boiling, 
then reduce to medium-low heat.
Continue to cook for approx 5 - 7 minutes.
Turn over and cook for approx 5- 7 more minutes. 
Remove from skillet and put on plate. 

I cooked three Ham Steaks....
all using the same juice mixture..
Bringing the juice to a boil 
when I added each new steak to the skillet.
Then cooking as directed above. 

Juicy.
Tender. 


Full of flavor.
Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...