Background

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Semi - Homemade Italian Bread/ Rolls



I don't even remember where this recipe came from. When we were stationed in Okinawa, Japan I would to invite several friends and their families over for a potluck supper and we'd swap recipes. I normally write down who I receive the recipe from, but I didn't this time. Whoever it was...I am so grateful!
Italian Bread/Rolls is a family favorite. I know I say that a lot, but when we like it, we usually like it a lot...and request it quite often.

Want a grilled cheese sandwich with a twist? Instead of removing the dough to make rolls, leave it in your bread machine to make bread. Slice it up for sandwiches and use Mozzarella cheese instead.  This bread makes a very delicious grilled cheese sandwich!


Italian Yeast Bread/Rolls
1 1/2 cup warm water, 100 to 115 degrees
2 T oil
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp salt
3 T sugar
2 T powdered milk
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 T Italian Seasoning
1 T Garlic Powder
1 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast (Rapid Rise or Bread Machine Yeast)
3 T. butter or margarine, melted

Add all ingredients to your bread machine pan, except butter, in the order listed.
Set machine to dough cycle. Allow to process until machine is finished. DO NOT open the lid.
When finished, spray your hands with non-stick spray and roll dough in to twelve two-inch balls.
 Place on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.

 Set on the stove top and allow to rise for approx 15 minutes, while oven is pre-heating.

Bake at 350* for about 15 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. I prefer to brush the tops with butter after baking.

Slice and add more butter if you chose....


If you chose to make bread instead, set your machine to bread setting and light setting. Remove when finished and allow approx. 10 minutes to cool, then slice.

We've been known to pull the bread apart in chunks or use the rolls to sop up melted butter and/or spaghetti sauce!
I wish you could smell these rolls!
The wonderful scent Italian seasoning and garlic in my kitchen....
Oh my....




1 comment:

  1. They look yummy and I bet that grilled cheese would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...