Background

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fried Dill Pickles



Fried Dill Pickles....yes, I'm serious!
You have to try them!
You really do!
You'll be surprised at how good they are!

I'm not a big fan of dill pickles, but I do love these!
If you chose not to use spears, 
the slices work just as well.

This is my recipe that was published in the 
Gooseberry Patch 101 Easy Entertaining cookbook.

After trying them at a local truck stop, 
I knew I had to make them for myself! 
I bought a couple of batches and took them home to 'dissect' them and invent my own recipe! 
I'm sure the ingredients I came up with are not the same as theirs, but they sure were a big hit with my family and friends!!! 


Fried Dill Pickles 
makes 4- 5 servings
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs 
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
15 dill pickle spears, well drained
oil for deep frying

(you can use pickle chips instead...but you won't need to fry them as long)

Mix eggs and milk in a medium size bowl/pie plate

Mix together the bread crumbs and flour

Dip pickle spears in to egg mixture

Roll in crumb mixture to coat

Heat oil in fryer to 375*
Fry pickles 3 - 5 at a time until golden.
Drain on paper towels.

Serve warm with salad dressing for dipping!


Most folks dip them in Ranch dressing, 
but because I'm not a fan of that flavor, 
I use Thousand Island.
Try 'em for yourself and let me know what you think!


Post has been updated with new photos on July 22, 2012

3 comments:

  1. Yum... Love a good fried dill pickle appetizer. Unfortunately, not all fried dill pickles are equal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true!!!! The ABSOLUTE BEST Pickle to use is Farmer's Genuine Dill Pickle. Bubbies Pickles are also good.

      Delete
  2. I think all fried foods must be dipped in Ranch!
    These sound delicious. I don't fry anything but I think I came across a recipe on Pinterest where you can do them in the oven. I do eat some fried food but my husband could never ever stand the smell in the house so I stopped frying back in the 80's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...