Background

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Company Breakfast Casserole


Who doesn't love a breakfast casserole?
You can prepare it the night before,

 pop it in the fridge and then in the oven first thing the next morning.
I found this recipe in Gooseberry Patch Christmas In The Country.





When I can get the whole family together for breakfast, 
this is the dish they ask for!

The large croutons prevent it from being 'soggy' 
like some of the other breakfast casseroles I've tried. 
The cornflakes on top add a little crunch!

Company Breakfast Casserole

6 oz pkg seasoned croutons (I use the Texas Toast style)
1 lb ground pork sausage, browned and drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
8 eggs
3 cup milk
1/2 t. ground mustard
1/2 t. salt
2 cups corn flake cereal, crushed
1/2 cup butter, melted

Place croutons in the bottom of a lightly greased 13" X 9" baking pan; top with sausage. Sprinkle with cheese; set aside. Beat eggs, milk, mustard and salt together; pour over cheese. Cover; refrigerate overnight.

 Before baking, top with cereal; drizzle with butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes; cool for 10 minutes. Serves 6 to 8.


5 comments:

  1. Greetings from Southern California

    I am your Newest Follower

    Happy New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very yummy. I might just have to make this new years day morning with some overnight cinnamon rolls, I'm gonna have a crowd here to feed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great and easy! I wonder, though, how it would work with bacon in place of sausage???? I'm not too hip on sausage. Have you tried it that way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a very similar recipe it is delicious! I have tried many others using bread & they seem to just end up way too "bready" which does not make for a happy husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Supeгb websіte you have hеre but I ωаs wondering if yοu knеw
    of any usеr diѕcussion forums that cover thе sаme
    tοpіcs talkеd about іn
    this article? I'd really love to be a part of community where I can get feedback from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Appreciate it!

    Feel free to visit my web page www.nooknaan.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...