Background

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Country Apple Dumplins


I know you've seen so many recipes for these sweet treats....facebook, blogs, Pinterest...
And most of the recipes are pretty much the same.
So, I'm going to share with you, how I made them this time and how I've made them before.
They are so simple...either way...and just as delicious!

This recipe can be cut in half....no problem...


Country Apple Dumplins

2 whole apples...I used tart apples (prefer Granny Smith)
2  8 oz cans crescent rolls
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 (12 oz) can Mt Dew, 7-up or Sprite
(I've used Mt Dew and Sprite)

Peel, core and cut apple in to 8 slices.
Roll out crescent rolls and separate dough in to the 8 triangles.
Place apple slice on dough triangles and roll up.
I have rolled from small end and the bigger end.
It seems that more apple is covered if you roll from small to big end.

Place rolled up apples in 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
If you are cutting this recipe in half, you will need an 8 x 8 greased baking dish.

In a small sauce pan, stir together butter and sugar until butter is melted and sugar is combined.
It will thicken slightly.
Pour over top of dumplins.

Sprinkle cinnamon over dumplins.

If you prefer not to sprinkle the cinnamon over the top of dumplins,
then you can add it to the butter/sugar mixture.
(this is how I prefer to do it)

Pour Mt Dew over and around the dumplins.

Bake at 350* for 35 - 45 minutes.


They were all in a perfect straight line. 
I suppose they shifted when I brought them out of the oven.
Imperfections look better anyway....right?


These have the cinnamon sprinkled over the top of the dumplins.




1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...