Background

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Country Style Scalloped Potatoes


One of my favorite Gooseberry Patch cookbooks is Slow Cookers, Casseroles & Skillets. I can always find a good recipe to prepare for any season. But, most of all, I use it for the colder months.

Served with biscuits or corn bread, Country-Style Scalloped Potatoes is another family favorite. This recipe is easy to prepare, cooked in the slow cooker, and ready to eat within 4 1/2 hours!
Country-Style Scalloped Potatoes

6 russet potatoes, thinly sliced
(I used 5 lg)
1 1/2 lbs ham steak, cubed
10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 1/4 cup water
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
grill seasoning to taste
(I used 1 1/2 tsp of Paprika)


Layer potatoes and ham in a slow cooker that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
(I used my 6 qt)

Combine remaining ingredients; pour over potatoes and ham.

Cover and cook on high setting for 3 1/2 hrs,
until potatoes are fork tender.
Turn slow cooker to low setting; 
continue cooking for about one hour.

DEEEELICIOUS!

Makes 4 - 6 servings.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...