Background

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Teriyaki Chicken



I always ordered Teriyaki Chicken when we would eat off base, but after our five year tour in Okinawa was over I had to learn to make it myself. Teriyaki sauce from the bottle never tasted the same.
I do believe this recipe is about as close as I could get to our favorite Japanese restaurants.

Teriyaki Chicken

1 (3 pound) legs and thighs
 3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
1 TBSP grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
    Rinse chicken, and pat dry with paper towels. 
    Place chicken cut side down in a 9x13 inch baking dish,
    sprayed with non-stick spray.

    In a medium mixing bowl, combine sugar, soy sauce, grated ginger and garlic. 
    Mix well, and pour mixture over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
    Preheat oven to 350*
    (I felt like this was too much liquid, so I removed half of it at this point)

    Bake chicken uncovered in the preheated oven for 1 hour, basting frequently.
    Test for doneness, making sure there is no pink left in the meat. 





    And that's it folks...tastes just as delicious as our favorite Japanese restaurants!





    Ring the dinner bell, supper is on the table!


    recipe adapted from allrecipes.com







    2 comments:

    1. Very nice recipe and it looks good on the photo!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh I love this type of chicken, I too was stationed on Okinawa (Kadena AB) for 2 yrs and I miss the food there so much.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...