Background

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Broccoli Cauliflower Salad


This is another recipe that you will find several different versions for. 
I found a recipe for this salad years ago and altered it to my family's tastes...which I do a lot. 
Not everyone likes the same ingredients, so I usually modify most of the recipes 
I try so everyone will like it. 
This is a good healthy salad that I make a lot. 
You can alternate the sugar for a sugar substitute. 
I've used Splenda before and it was just as good as it is with sugar. 
Most of my family prefers it with the 'real' sugar, so that's what I used most. 
Regardless...it's one of the most delicious recipes I make!

 This recipe can easily be cut in half!

Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
 1 head of cauliflower, cut in to bite size pieces
1 bunch of broccoli (3 cups) cut in to bite size pieces
1 lb cheddar cheese, cut in to 1/2 inch cubes
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup green onions, cut in to 1/2 to 1 inches pieces
1 cup mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip light)
3 tsp white vinegar
2 TBSP sugar or Splenda

Put all the veggies, bacon and cheese in a large bowl.

Mix together mayo, vinegar and sugar. 
Using a whisk or fork, stir until mixed together and creamy.

Add dressing to veggies and stir until it's all combined.

If you need to refrigerate it for later, 
wait until then to add the cheese to avoid it being too soft. 

And that's it...
how simple is that?
As easy as it is...
it's one of my most requested recipes!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...