Background

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Slow Cooker Coke Chicken - Southern Plate

Have you ever heard of Christy Jordan from



I've tried several of her recipes and they were just as awesome as she said they were.
Today, I tried the

It was one of the easiest recipes that I've ever put together. 
Only five ingredients...all of which I had on hand!
And good...oh my goodness, was it ever good!

Slow Cooker Coke Chicken
1 Fryer (whole chicken)
1 Lemon
1 Onion
1 18 oz bottle BBQ Sauce
1 Can Coca Cola
Peel onion and cut into quarters. Cut lemon into Quarters. 
Place fryer in crock pot.
Toss in onion quarters and lemon quarters. 

Pour in entire bottle of BBQ Sauce and entire can of Coke.

 I had a bottle of coke, so I only used 3/4 of the bottle.

Cover and cook on low all day (7-8 hrs) or high 3 to 4 hours. 
And of course, I had to put my usual note on the top of the lid
a little reminder for the men folk when they come home for lunch!

While this is cookin' up, 
let me tell you a little bit about Christy Jordan.

She has one of the best cookbooks,
Southern Plate,
 out there!
Here recipes are tried and true family recipes that are delicious!
And to top it off, most of her recipes
are handed down from her family!
Of course, we all know that those are the best kind of recipes....
the kind that we grew up with...
your momma or grandma's cookin'
that would make you hungry 
as soon as you walked in the kitchen!
You can purchase her cookbook
on Amazon.com 
and you can also find her on facebook

 She gives daily updates about her recipes, her family,
and her cookbook signin' whereabouts! 
If you haven't checked out her recipes yet, 
then you are most definitely missing out!
Now...oh my goodness.
Just take a look at this chicken!
It is 'fall off the bone' tender! 

 I tried to scoop it all out together, but it just fell apart.
But, that's a good thing!

Supper's ready!

You just sit back and relax...
I'll fix your plate and bring it to you.

 Thank you Southern Plate 
for a new family favorite recipe!!





2 comments:

  1. What kind of potatoes are on that plate, they look amazing as well!!!
    jellkng@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...