Background

Monday, March 5, 2012

Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake

 

 Don't you just love Pinterest? 

I have found so many good recipes on there. 

I knew when I saw this breakfast cake, I had to make it. 

I love blueberry in almost any sweet goodie...

any time of the year!



Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake

Serves 6-8
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tsp. lemon zest or more — zest from 1 large lemon
7/8 cup* + 1 tablespoon sugar**
1 egg, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
2 cups fresh blueberries
½ cup buttermilk
* 7/8 cup = 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons
** This 1 tablespoon is for sprinkling on top

Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Cream butter with lemon zest

  and 7/8 cup of the sugar until light and fluffy.

 Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.

 Meanwhile, toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour,

 then whisk together the remaining flour,
baking powder and salt.

Add the flour mixture to the batter a little at a time,
alternating with the buttermilk.

  Fold in the blueberries.

Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with butter or coat with non-stick spray.
Spread batter into pan.
Sprinkle batter with remaining tablespoon of sugar.
(Yep..I used 2 tablespoons...Ooops!)

Bake for 35 minutes.
Check with a toothpick for doneness.
If necessary, return pan to oven for a couple of more minutes.
(Note: Baking for as long as 10 minutes more might be necessary.) 
Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.

Just look at all that blueberry goodness!




Adapted from
Alexandras Kitchen

3 comments:

  1. I found this months ago on Pinterest and have made it. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that looks so good and juicy! I would love a piece of that lovely cake for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for making this to where I can save it to my computer! My printer's not the best, and I love to have recipes like this to use.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...