Background

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Scalloped Potatoes and Ham

 A meal so simple, but so delicious!

You know how some foods are just meant to be together? 
Like potatoes and ham....
it doesn't matter how you could them.
Fried ham, fried potatoes.
Baked ham, mashed potatoes.

In this dish, ham and potatoes are the main ingredients again.
Add a little extra seasoning, some soup and cheese
and pop it in all in a slow cooker and you've got a great meal
when you come in after a long busy day.

Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
6 large russet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
(I left the skins on!)
1 ham steak (about 1 1/2 lbs) cut in to cubes
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can water
1  cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Grill seasoning to taste
( I used 1/2 tsp McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken)


Layer potatoes and ham in Crock Pot.


Combine soup, water, cheese and seasoning in a large mixing bowl.
Pour mixture over potatoes and ham.

(do you see my mistake? I forgot to add the cheese, 
so I added it later and then stirred it in at the end. Perfect!)

Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 1/2 hours until potatoes are fork tender.
Turn slow cooker to LOW and continue cooking for 1 hour.

!
I could make a meal out of just this dish,
but my family wouldn't go for that!
I served it up with fried okra, corn and home made dinner rolls!


Click HERE for my Giveaway!



2 comments:

  1. actually I really love potatoes,this looks something to look forward too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect kind of meal for a snow day. Yummy!
    -Kelly @ Semi Homemade Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...