Background

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Layered Potatoes

Several years ago, I boiled potatoes for supper and then realized I didn't know what I really wanted to do with them. So, I pulled some ingredients from my fridge and my pantry and ended up with what my kids call "Layered Potatoes"! My kids and grandkids top them with a little Ranch Dressing, but I just eat them plain.

I have put this recipe together for you the best I can. 
I usually just add the ingredients until I think I have enough. 
After you make them the first time, you'll know how to alter the recipe to fit your family's tastes too!

This is one of my most asked for recipes at 
Potlucks and Bar-B-Ques! 
Once you try them, you'll see why!

LAYERED POTATOES
1 medium potato per person, cut in to 1 1/2 inch chunks
2 TBSP butter or margarine per potato
(yes, they are very buttery)
sliced cheese
seasoned croutons
bacon pieces

Boil potatoes until just done and drain.
Add 1/2 of the potatoes to a serving bowl. 
Be sure to use a bowl twice the size of the amount of potatoes you have.
The amount will double once it's all put together.
Dab 1/2 of the butter on top of potatoes.
 I can not tell a lie...after I took this photo...I added more. 
Yea, we like a little potato with our butter!

 Now, add the croutons until potatoes are just about covered.
I used Seasoned Croutons. 
There are several different flavors out there ,
so use the flavor your family likes best.
Then add the bacon pieces to your liking.

Cover the potatoes/croutons with sliced cheese.
I use American cheese.
My son likes to use Pepper Jack cheese.


Repeat the layers once more, then top with a spoon full of potatoes and another dab of butter.
Cover and place in the microwave and nuke them for 
about 5 - 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.


And Wa-La! 
Layered Potatoes at their best!

You will be so surprised at how well these 
few ingredients can taste 
when they are thrown together in one bowl!


Happy Eating!


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...