Background

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

BBQ Chicken Wraps


I have several 'go-to' recipes that I use when time is limited or I'm just too tired to cook! BBQ Chicken Wraps is one of them.
When I buy chicken on sale, I'll boil or bake half of it so I can have it ready and on hand for meals like this. Or, I'll use the chicken for soups, chicken spaghetti and casseroles. I also save the chicken broth so I can easily whip up a pot of Chicken Vegetable Soup or Chicken n Dumplins in no time. I store the chicken and the broth in zipper freezer bags. Once they are filled, they stack nicely in the freezer.

We love BBQ Sauce. My son makes his own, but sometimes we like to try different brands and flavors. One of our favorites is Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipotle Barbecue Sauce.

Barbecue Chicken Wraps
4 cups cooked chicken, cut up
1 cup BBQ Sauce, or more...depending on your tastes
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 onion, cut in to thin slices
1 TBSP brown sugar
lettuce
hamburger dill pickles
1 cup shredded cheese of your choice. I used Colby Jack and Cheddar
4 Soft Tortillas

Add chicken and sauce to a medium size skillet. Cook on medium heat until chicken is heated through.

In another medium skillet, add 1 tsp vegetable oil, onions and brown sugar.
Saute until onions are cooked and golden in color...8 - 10 minutes.

Heat torilla in microwave for 12 seconds. Place tortilla on a plate and top middle of tortilla with chicken, lettuce, onion and cheese.

Fold each side of tortilla over the top. Serve with hamburger dill pickles. (Or you can put the pickles in your wrap. I chose to keep them on the side.)
BBQ Chicken Wrap with Sweet Potato Fries





1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this one? I wish I could come over and have you cook for me. Mmmm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...