Background

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Zesty Baked Pork Chops

I love a big thick cut pork chop. 
I'm so happy when they go on sale. 
...like a kid in the candy shop!
I have found that pork absorbs flavor very well, 
so I try not to over spice or sauce my chops.
This recipe has a mild zesty flavor.
I call them Zesty Pork Chops because I use the 
Thick and Zesty sauce....
which is generic for Heinz 57.
Yep...I'm a big WalMart shopper.
We have two grocery stores in my town...
WalMart is the cheapest.
And neither one double coupon!! 
for shame....for shame!

Anyway...where was I?
Oh yea...the recipe....

Zesty Baked Pork Chops
2 TBSP Heinz 57 sauce
1 tsp lemon juice
2 TBSP brown sugar
2 TBSP ketchup
Place meat in a dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
 Brush sauce over each pork chop.

Bake at 350* for 20 minutes.
Turn chops over, baste with remaining sauce.
Continue to bake until meat is done and juices run clear. 
Depending on the thickness of your chops, this could be 10 - 30 minutes. 



 Tender, juicy, mildly sweet, but tangy, flavor!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...