Background

Friday, June 7, 2013

Pork Chops & Onion-Rice Bake


I love to 'invent' new recipes.

Sometimes it's pouring down rain, you need to go to the grocery store,
but who wants to get out in that mess?
And of course, I was having a good hair day...
and my umbrella was in my car.
Soooo....I decided to stay home and rummage through my cabinets to see which ingredients I could find that would go great together.
I knew that cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix would be perfect together!
And of course...I was right!


Pork Chops & Onion-Rice Bake

4 Pork Chops
(I used boneless)
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/4 tsp ground pepper
2 TBSP butter, melted
2 cups water
1 cups instant rice

Mix all ingredients, except pork chops, together in a medium size bowl. 
Pour rice mixture in to an 8 1/2 x 11 or 9 x 13 baking dish.

In a medium size skillet, brown pork chops, on each side, until a light golden brown.

Place pork chops on top of rice mixture.
Cover with foil.
Bake on 350* for one hour.


Remove from oven...do not remove cover!
Allow to sit, for 10 - 15 minutes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...