Background

Monday, June 3, 2013

Garlic Chicken 'n Rice


Don't you love finding recipes on the packaging?
They, sometimes, turn out to be the best recipes!
I remember my momma used to cut out and save them all.
She has recipes, from the '60's, from the side of a shortening can!
I found a recipe on the back of a Minute Rice box years ago. 
I made a several changes in the recipe to fit the tastes of my family,
now it has become a favorite of ours.

Garlic Chicken and Rice

2 chicken breast, cut in to 1 ½ cubes
1 tsp minced garlic (I use the kind from a jar)
1 TBSP olive oil
1 13 ¾ oz can chicken broth
1 14.5 oz can french style green beans, undrained
½ tsp thyme
½ tsp basil
¼ tsp pepper
1 ½ cup instant rice, uncooked

In a medium size skillet, add olive oil, chicken and garlic.
Cook chicken, on medium heat, until cook, stirring often.
Add thyme and basil.
Add chicken broth and green beans.
Cook until heated.
Add instant rice. 
Turn off heat and cover for 5- 10 minutes.




DOESN'T THAT LOOK DELICIOUS....
OH, TRUST ME..IT IS!!






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...