Background

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fluffy Baked Eggs and Bacon




      I'm not a regular bacon eater like the rest of my family.
     I'll eat it, but I prefer sausage.
     But, when I make this recipe, I can't get enough of it!







 Fluffy Baked Eggs and Bacon
from the cookbook Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts

 1/2 lb sliced bacon, cut in to 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup buttermilk biscuit mix
1/4 tsp salt
1/9 tsp pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

 In a skillet, cook bacon until almost crisp; add onion.
Cook, stirring frequently, until bacon is crisp and onion is tender.
Drain.
Transfer to a 1 1/2 qt casserole.
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, biscuit mix, salt and pepper until almost smooth.
Slowly pour over bacon and onion.
Bake, uncovered, at 375* for 30 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.

Sprinkle with cheese.
(My son likes a lot of cheese,
but it does tend to make the dish a little less fluffy)

Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.


 DELICIOUS!!





1 comment:

  1. Found your blog at Gooseberry Patch today and have enjoyed seeing your yummy looking recipes - which is why I am now headed to the kitchen! :) Will be back for another visit soon and looking forward to trying some dishes that you have shared! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...