Background

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fried Cube Steak Strips





Today is my daughter in law's birthday. I always ask my kids and their spouses what they want for their birthday dinner and she chose Fried Cube Steak Strips. I haven't made them in months because I try not to fry anything anymore, due to me wanting to cut down on fatty foods. But, I was sure happy I had a 'reason' to make these tonight!

Fried Cube Steak Strips
1 cup of milk
2 eggs

Whisk together in a medium size bowl/pie plate

In another bowl/pie plate, mix together
1 cup of all-purpose flour
2 tsp hamburger seasoning
1 tsp barbeque seasoning
1 tsp ground pepper

Cut 4 cube steaks in to strips


 Dip each steak strip in to milk/egg mixture.
 then in the flour mixture..being sure to cover completely.

Fry steak strips in 1/2 inch of oil, heated on medium heat.
Turn steak when it's golden brown,
about 5 - 7 minutes

Remove from pan when both sides are golden brown. 
Or...if you're like my youngest son, allow steak to fry a bit longer for a crispier batter.


Serve plain, dip in BBQ or steak sauce
or cover with gravy!

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...