Background

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Angelic Scampi


When I sit down to look at a cookbook,
I read it...page by page, cover to cover...like it's a novel.
I even read who submitted the recipe and where they're from.
I especially love to read about the recipe...
if it was handed down in the family and why it's their favorite.
You'll find all of this in



Angelic Scampi

16 oz pkg angel hair pasta, uncooked
2 tsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried oregano
1 lb shrimp, peeled and cleaned
1/4 cup white cooking wine, or chicken broth
2 tsp cornstarch
3/4 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm. 
meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. 
Add garlic; saute' one minute. 
Add oregano; stir to coat in oil.
Add shrimp; saute' until pink, about 3 minutes. 

Pour in 1/4 white wine/chicken broth; reduce heat and simmer one minute.
In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 3/4 cup chicken broth; add to skillet.

Simmer about 2 minutes, until sauce thickens; season with salt and pepper.

Transfer cooked pasta to a large serving bowl; pour shrimp and sauce over top.
Toss before serving. Serves 4

I thought I had angel hair pasta, but didn't. 
I used thin spaghetti and it turned out perfect!
You just don't need to use as much.



I doubled the recipe tonight. 

I knew, even though there was only going
to be three of us at the table tonight, 
it would be eaten up fast! 
Oh, how right I was! We couldn't get enough of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...