Background

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Baked Potato Soup


When it's cold outside, 
there is nothing better than a big bowl of soup. 
Baked Potato Soup is a favorite of ours. 
It's one of the most filling soups I make.....
loaded with potatoes, bacon, green onion....
the flavor of a baked potato in a bowl.

Baked Potato Soup
2/3 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
7 cups milk
4 large baking potatoes, baked, cooled and cubed
(about 4 cups)
4 green onions,  cut in to 1/2 pieces
12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup (8oz) sour cream
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

In a large Dutch oven, melt the butter.
Stir in the flour; heat and stir until smooth.
( it will be clumpy)
Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened. 
(I used a whisk at this point)

 Add potatoes and green onions.

 Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat;simmer for 10 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients; stir until cheese is melted. 

and serve....


Just look at all that potato goodness!
Serves 8 - 10
but...the recipe can be cut in half
and it won't affect the flavor at all!


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Silvia, and I follow your blog.I invite you to mine. Regards.
    http://lacuinetadivertida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking a great tastings potato soup recipe and I think I finally found one

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...