Background

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Smothered Chicken




Gram Walker's Smothered Chicken recipe is from the
I just happened to see the recipe posted on 

Chicken is one of my favorite meats to cook with, 
besides for beef, and pork...oh yea, and fish.
But if you were to ask me to prepare a meat dish,
I would chose chicken. 
Okay, I'll admit it....
chicken is my favorite meat.
You can cook it so many different ways...
fried, baked, grilled, broiled, boiled, and my favorite...
SMOTHERED! 

Gram Walker's Smothered Chicken
3 to 4 lbs. chicken
1 c. all-purpose flour
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c. margarine
2.1-oz. env. chicken noodle soup mix
10-3/4 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
12-oz. can evaporated milk
1 t. poultry seasoning
dried parsley to taste
(I was out of parsley, so I used thyme)

Dredge chicken pieces in flour; 
sprinkle with salt and pepper. 
Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. 
Fry chicken until golden on both sides; 
transfer to a greased 13”x9” baking pan. 
Sprinkle with soup mix; 

pour mushroom soup over top. 

Combine evaporated milk, seasoning and parsley
in a small saucepan over medium heat;
heat through without boiling. Pour over chicken. 

Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes,
(after 15 minutes, I spooned the juices over the chicken)
or until juices run clear. Serves 4.

Great tasting smothered chicken...
and it makes it's on gravy!!


Note Recipe Substitutions:
Low Fat Parkay Spread
Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
and Fat Free Evaporated Milk



2 comments:

  1. I came across this recipe and your final picture on facebook, which unless you shared it, has been stolen and is now being passed around. I'm removing it from my facebook and I am so sorry for being part of copyright infringement.
    This recipe, which as you share belongs to Gooseberry Patch and the picture are all over facebook.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...