Background

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall-O me in to the kitchen for Overnight Coffee Cake



Cinnamon is my favorite Fall spice to cook with. And this coffee cake is loaded with cinnamon!
I found this recipe in Gooseberry Patch Quick and Easy Family Favorites, so I knew it was a tried and true recipe.  It's definitely our new family favorite!

OVERNIGHT COFFEE CAKE
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed and divided
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted (I didn't toast mine)

Combine first 5 ingredients., 1/2 cup brown sugar and one teaspoon cinnamon in a large mixing bowl; add buttermilk, butter and eggs.
Blend on low speed of an electric mixer until moistened; increase speed to medium and blend 3 more minutes.
Spoon batter into a greased and floured 13" x 9" baking pan; set aside.
Mix together remaining brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans; sprinkle over batter.
Cover and refrigerate overnight. (I only refrigerated mine for 3 hrs and it was just as moist)
Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 30 - 40  minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Makes 12 servings.

2 comments:

  1. I love cinnamon anything and this cake looks sooo good. It also looks like a good recipe to cut in half and bake a smaller cake. I'm still trying to learn how to cook for 2 and not have leftovers forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOO making this recipe! It looks delicious!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...