Background

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Parmesan Onion Wedges



Tonight is the first time I've tried this recipe..and it turned out to be a real winner! It's definitely a "Mom, can you make this again some time?" kind of recipe!  This bread is loaded with onions on the top...so if you're a big fan of onions, this bread is for you!

Parmesan Onion Wedges
The Best of Country Cooking 2010
8 servings

2 cups biscuit/baking mix
2/3 cups milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 mayonnaise
1 tsp Italian Seasoning

In a small bowl, stir the biscuit mix and milk just until moistened.










Turn on to floured surface and gently knead 6 - 8 times. Roll out to an 11 in. circle; transfer to a greased 12 in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly.
I do not own a 12 in. pizza pan, so I used a 6 x 9 inch pan. It worked perfectly!






Combine the mayo, onion





and Parmesan cheese.










Spread over dough.










Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning. It's pretty obvious that I used more than just a teaspoon of seasoning. I'm pretty sure it was close to a Tablespoon. We like flavor!


Bake at 400* for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Cut in to wedges; serve warm.
Refrigerate leftovers.
8 servings


The onion topping will set as it cools.


Yum...and it smells so good baking!

9 comments:

  1. I love onions and that bread looks just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I would have looked at this earlier. This would have been great with our goulash tonight. I might have to start collecting these books too. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, by the way, how long to bake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh..are you serious? I left that off of there? Whatever was I thinking? I'll add it then re-post it. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this recipe, I am def. booking making it to make! I would love for you to come link it up on my site for today's Picnic/Finger Foods party, we would love to have you!!!

    Here's the link:
    http://www.angiesbigloveoffood.com/2011/07/picnic-finger-foods-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for linking this up on my blog hop yesterday, I will be making these very soon! ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these look delish! This would make a great side. We love onions at our house! And I love your bio... you do so many things! Go you! I wanted to invite you over to my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now until July 16th. Stop on by to enter! Hope you are having a great week :)

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much mayo? I am assuming 1/2 cup. Can't wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes. I'm sorry. It is 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...